Affiliated Riding Clubs are encouraged to enter Teams in the National Area Qualifiers and also the London & South East Qualifiers.
High Wycombe Riding Club enters Teams of riders each year, Junior & Senior, with the aim of giving our Members the opportunity to compete in good company, together with the hope of making it through to the Championships. We have been very successful in the past few years and look forward to keeping up our good record. There are various standards in the Qualifying rounds and we hope we have covered the basics of explanation to those who may be interested in taking part. Come to our Team Information Evening to learn more.You can find details of our Team Managers on the Contact Page; they are all very approachable and happy to answer questions from format to eligibility and more!
WHAT QUALIFIERS ARE THERE ?
National Area Qualifiers include:
- Indoor/Winter Show Jumping from 70cm to 1m
- Festival of the Horse; combined showjumping and cross country eventer's challenge from 80cm to 1m and Combined Training (75cm/prelim & 85cm/novice)
- Summer Show Jumping from 70cm to 1.10m, style classes at 85cm and 95cm
- Dressage, Riding Test, Medium Dressage, Pairs Dressage, Rural Riders (Team of 6 riders in the arena)
- Dressage to Music
- Winter Indoor Dressage from prelim to elementary
- Arena Eventing from 70cm to 1m
- Horse Trials from 80cm to 100+
- Quadrille in costume
- Hickstead - Teams of Three; 85cm, 95cm and 1.05m
- Blenheim Eventer's Challenge; 90cm & 1m
- Riding Test
- Show Jumping 2'9" – 3'0"
- Horse Trials 2'9" – 3'0"
- Dressage - Prelim Test
- Show Jumping 2'3" – 2'6"
- Cross Country 2'3" – 2'6"
- Roads & Tracks
London & South East Qualifiers include:
(Inter-Riding Club) Area Liaison Trophy Competition include:
HOW TO TAKE PART IN HWRC TEAMS?
- You must be a fully paid up member of The High Wycombe Riding Club.
- For the Senior Teams, you must be 18 years of age or over and for Juniors, 17 years or under.
- Once you have elected to ride for a specific Riding Club, you may not change to another Club’s Team during the current year. Your horse/pony must be fully vaccinated against flu and tetanus and this and the animal’s passport must be absolutely accurate from the first injection. If there is an error at some point, you will have to begin the course again to comply with the Rules of British Riding Clubs. (You can check your own Vacc Cert by visiting the British Riding Club’swebsite where they have an online date checker)
- There may be some limitations on horse and/or rider in some Qualifiers so please check with the Team Managers that you are not over qualified or your horse does not have too many points or monetary winnings etc.
- If you are chosen to become a Team Member, please make sure you have all the details of the competition; venue, dates and times, dress requirements and tack allowed etc and have a commitment to compete.
- All members who ride for the HWRC are presented with a handsome keeper trophy at the end of the year (at our AGM) to show our appreciation for your time and efforts on behalf of the Club.
Then please contact our Team Managers and let them know you wish to be considered for a Team place. They cannot know everyone’s horse or standard and giving them a call will help them to formulate their team planning.Contact Us